Google + is quickly becoming an important part of social marketing strategies for businesses. Google + has many benefits that out weigh other social media marketing channels, and should be just as important as any other social media marketing campaign. It is plain to see that “Google +” is a service provided by Google, and everyone knows their influence on the internet. By using Google +, you are essentially strengthening your relationship with Google. Google + is not just s social networking channel, it is a measurement for authority. Using Google + effectively for your business, will inevitably increase your search engine ranking results.
Getting Started Using Google + for Business
The brand value attached to G+ makes it very special. The people are going to talk and any place where there is chatter; there is also a potential marketing hub. Although it is new on the social media landscape, Google + had over 14 million users in its first month. Once you create your new Google + account, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Creating A Complete & Powerful Profile: A great deal of your success on Google + is placed on how complete and optimized your business profile looks. First impressions are everything. Make sure you have a profile picture that is warm and inviting, and professional. Remember, people like having friends…..not companies that are over salesy and only offer promotions on products and services.
- Add a Complete Company Information: Make sure that all of the relevant information about your company, products, and services is included in your company profile. Include in your Google + company profile information about what you do and how people will benefit from your services.
- Add Relevant People & Business To Your Profile: The wider your net, the more likely you are to attract prospects and customers. Invite as many people you feel that are relevant to your business, in a related industry that you would want to do business with, or thought leaders in your industry. There are many tools within Google + that allow you to add your email contacts and other social media contacts with ease. You can also export email address to an XLS or CSV file, and you can add them through the Google + feature “Upload Address Book.”
- Share on Your Google + Stream: Sharing and interacting with your Google + users will intensify the effectiveness of your Google + marketing efforts. Post information about your company, new updates, and relevant information about your company, its services, and your industry. Do not overload your stream with promotional updates, sales promotions, or irrelevant information. Keep it clean, relevant, and on point. Also, remember to interact with your Google + friends by commenting on their updates, like their photos and articles, and be sure to reply to questions.
- Showcase Your Pictures & Videos: This is an easy way to win friends and influence people. I would start in creating a nice collection of photos and/or videos about your business showcasing products and services. Photos and videos tend to be one of the first destinations for people browsing your profile, and having some great pictures and videos will do wonders for your online reputation.
- Google Plus One Button: Although it is similar in concept to the Facebook “Like” button, its strength is much more important. Google states that for every +1, it counts as a vote given to an individual website. The more +1 votes a website gets will in turn cause that website to rank higher in search engine results.
The Google + Effect On Your Business
Using all of the Google tools can launch your website ahead of your competitors. Google is loyal to itself, and loyal to those using its services. The more of the tools that you are using, the better off you are seen in the eyes of Google.
Are you using all of the Google Tools? Are you new to Google +, and needs help with your business account? Let us help you master yet another one of Google’s tools.